Event Terms and Conditions for Handycon Bookings
The following terms and conditions apply to everyone who attends a Handycon event (“Attendees”).
Handycon (the “Event”) refers to the biannual event organised by HandyCon Ltd. that takes place at Holiday Inn Maidenhead, Manor Lane, Berkshire, Maidenhead SL6 2RA (the “Venue”).
These terms and conditions shall be subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Purchase and Collection of Tickets
- Everyone wishing to access the areas of the Venue in which the Event is being held must have a valid ticket.
- There is no guarantee that tickets will be available for purchase at the Event. In order to avoid disappointment, you should purchase your ticket online at www.handycon.co.uk before the Event sells out.
- All tickets purchased online in advance will be issued to the Attendee via email. If an Attendee arrives at the Event with no access to their ticket, they will be required to show Photographic ID to prove that the ticket is theirs.
Cancellation, Non-attendance and Refunds
- Everyone who has purchased a ticket is eligible for a full refund if they announce their cancellation over 20 working days prior to the Event via email to [email protected] from the email account with which the tickets were purchased.
- Within 20 working days prior to the event, tickets are not eligible for refunds.
- Tickets are non-transferrable. If you wish to change the name on a ticket you must apply for a refund and purchase a new ticket.
Events Beyond Our Control
- If the Event is cancelled prior to its commencement, the full cost of all tickets will be refunded.
- If the Event is terminated earlier than scheduled, the liability of the Organisers shall be limited to the cost of the tickets subject to a pro rata reduction for that portion of the anticipated time for which the Event was scheduled to run which in fact fell before any such cancellation.
- In either case the Organisers will not be held liable for any other costs incurred.
- Handycon is a welcome space for everyone regardless of age, race, religion / belief, biological sex, gender identity, sexuality, disability, pregnancy / parenthood, or appearance. The Organisers reserve the right to identify any attire, act or item as prejudiced and/or discriminatory and exclude the object and/or the owner or actor from the Event.
- The Organisers similarly reserve the right to refuse entry to a prospective Attendee who presents or has presented a risk of attire, acts and/or items which would negatively impact upon the Event’s status as a discrimination-free zone.
- We will treat your personal information in accordance with UK and EU data protection legislation.
- We will only use your information for administration, communication and research.
Recording and Social Media
- The Organisers reserve the right to film, record or photograph the Event. Attendees are
advised that this may result in the inclusion of themselves within some recording or
photographs published on social media or in promotional materials.