HandyCon 6 Game Design Contest
HandyCon 6 will play host to the second Board Game Design competition, run by HandyCon in association with Gaming Rules! We are delighted to announce that Paul Grogan will once again be part of the judging panel for this year’s competition.
Entrants must submit a sell sheet with details about their design (such as the name, theme, mechanisms, player count, etc.) via the form below, with the 4 shortlisted individuals or teams going on to play test their prototypes at HandyCon 6, followed by pitching to the panel of judges. The winning team will take home both glory and prizes!
This year’s randomly selected game design theme is:
OCTOPUS & MISSILES
If you think you can come up with a game based around Octopii, Missiles or both then get designing and ensure you enter your sell sheet before midnight on Sunday August 4th.
- Come up with a game designed around the theme of ‘octopus and/or missiles’.
- Submit a sell sheet (via the form at the end of this post) by midnight Sunday August 4th.
- The 4 finalists will be chosen and notified shortly after.
- Finalists will then be designated a free play testing table on the Saturday morning of HandyCon 6, where they can demo their prototype and gain feedback from attendees.
- Finalists must then pitch their game to the panel of judges in a 10 minute slot on the Sunday, after which a winner will be chosen.
One of last years entrants has had their design signed by ITB games to be released in 2020, so we expect to see some great ideas!
Entries are now closed.